- Cybercrime has hit more than $ 21 billion worldwide
- Survey found 89% of people seeking to strengthen Cyber Law
Gadget desk. Robbers used to rob people on the basis of gun and knife, but now the method of loot has changed. This is cyber crime. Cyber frauds are increasing continuously in the Trinity. If the police are aware of the thugs then the thugs start new ways. Many cases are also new to the police. This year, 23 percent cases of cyber crime have increased in Chandigarh itself. While Mohali and Panchkula police are also moving towards this. However, FIRs have not been registered in most of the cases.
Earlier, they cheated by selling cheese, now they cheat by buying cheese.
- Nowadays cyber robbers keep an eye on OLX or any such app where people sell their goods online. Suppose if you have put your thing for sale on OLX or Net, then you will get the phone of the robber. He will also do light bargaining, then give a rate. You will feel that you are getting the right price for your item. The thug will take Paytm or Google Pay number by asking you to send payment. Will say that I will put money first and then take the goods. Then the phone will come again saying that the money has been added, you give approval. As soon as you give approval, the same amount of money is withdrawn from your account. That is, in reality the message of approval is not of credit but of debit. This year, about 72 complaints have been filed in the Trinity.
Avoid this way: Check carefully whether the debit or credit is written in the approved message. If the debit is written, understand that the front is a con. Stop talking to him immediately.
No longer OTP, they cheat by downloading the link
2. Earlier, the information of the OTP number that came on your phone was cheated only by obtaining information. Now when people were aware of this crime, the Criminals also started a new way. Now the criminal sends an unknown link to your number. As soon as its downloaded, the accused hacks your phone and steals all the account information. In the last one week, about 3 such cases have come in the Chandigarh Cyber Cell.
How to avoid: Avoid downloading and downloading any kind of third party application.Don’t be tempted by prizes and coupons.
A new type of cheating is being done through helpline numbers
3. Chandigarh Police has received 7 new cases in the last one month. In this, the helpline numbers in Google are being cheated. Criminals have fed their numbers in the names of airline companies, railway ticket helpline numbers and many big companies in Google. If you put someone’s helpline number in Google, instead of the correct number, Google also shows the number of natwarlal’s. On these fake numbers, we talk that instead of helping, he gives wrong advice. If you download the link or tell the OTP number at their request, then the money is cheated from your account immediately.
Avoid this way: Do not give details of your card and bank account while talking on the helpline. Do not download their said link. You directly open the company website and get a helpline number from there.
Spying on mobile
4. There are many paid apps in the market, which gain access to each other’s phones. This app is installed in the spouse’s mobile. With this, what are you talking about on the phone, what are you doing on WhatsApp, everything is known by the app user. The sale of this spying app is the highest among spouses. A woman from Sector-39 has filed a case against her doctor husband for spying by putting an app on her phone. These days, these apps are being used very fast.
Avoid such: Do not buy such app. This is cyber crime, it can be punished. Delete unnecessary apps immediately. Such an app can be in your phone, then you can go to a cyber cell and get the phone checked.
Pishing Fraud, Elderly or Single Victim
5. The most these days has been Pishing Fraud. In this, elderly, divorced women, unmarried boys are becoming more victims. Only last week, the 70-year-old retired manager of the Reserve Bank of India, a resident of Sector-34, succumbed to it. He was chatting with a girl on Facebook. He lost 15 lakh rupees in this affair. This fraud is operating from Nigeria and African countries. False profiles are made by putting pictures of women or boys on social sites. People are told that they want to get married. First friends on Facebook, then video calls. There is an attempt to make money by pretending to settle abroad. Even if the matter is not made, we pretend to meet after this. It is said that they are coming to India. Bringing gifts for them.
Avoid this: Thugs call that the Customs have caught the airport. Asking for money to leave the goods. Do not pay even a single penny on such a phone. They are all fake.
Stealing data by seeking thumb impressions
6. Cyber thugs are also playing a new game under the garb of Independence Day. Nowadays the message about Independence Day is going on on social media. People are asked to give their thumb impressions, only then will this message open. Your Aadhaar number, PAN, bank account etc. are all biometric, so after giving thumb impressions, all your data goes to the thugs. Thugs can steal your data by scanning thumb impressions and emptying your bank account.
Avoid such: Do not give thumb impressions on any such site. These messages are fake. Do not get caught in the reward of any reward.
If you want to avoid fraud, just keep these things in mind
Debit and credit card
1. Do not let your card fall into anyone’s hands. Many people write passwords on the card, this makes the work of thieves even easier. Do not do like this.
2. Always keep the number and email associated with your bank account operational and check it periodically.
3. If someone calls that he is speaking to the bank, then understand that he is a thug.Because the bank does not take any customer detail phone.
1. Before withdrawing money from ATM, check that there is no ‘skimmer’. Try the hand next to the swapping point and be careful if you see anything. The design of the skimmer is such that it looks like a part of the machine. The keypad can also be applied with a skimmer, so try pressing one of the corners, if the skimmer is placed on the key pad, one of its ends will rise.
2. Use the same ATM where the security guard is. Do not operate your card on the machine in front of anyone.
3. Do not operate your card in front of anyone at the petrol pump. Then even if it is not available to the pump.
4. Do not share your OTP or PIN number with any unknown while using ATM card.
5. Vicious people look at the password and change the card at the ATM as an excuse to help. Do not give your card to anyone. There have been 24 such cases in Mohali.
1. The most cases are of advertisements coming on OLX. Do not make payments online until you see what you buy. Accused thugs implicate you in the affair of pay and tree.
2. Read the message on your phone several times first. Only then press the option.
3. When reading online, please reply by reading the message.
1. Do not share your personal details on any type of coupons found at the pumps.
2. Do not accept unknown friend request on Facebook.
3. The Custom Office never calls you. If you have given information on the matrimonial site for your son or daughter’s relationship, then verify the incoming caller first. Do not share personal details without checking.
4. Do not download fraud sites or apps. With this, all your data goes to the next person.
5. Do not click any unknown links on email and Facebook.
Email or social networking account is hacked
1. If the email or social networking account is hacked then go to the related website and start the recovery process.
2. Save your required data first, so as to avoid further losses.
3. Be sure to note the date and time when the crime occurred. Collect evidence, which will be used in action.
4. If pornographic comment has been made on Facebook account or a pornographic email has been sent, save it. Because the criminal can also delete the comment made on Facebook wall.
5. The details of which IP address was hacked from the email account exist in the three major email service providers Google, Yahoo and Outlook (Live-Hotmail).
6. Last account activity is written at the bottom right of Google mail account. This information will be available by clicking on the detail link given here.
7. Make a complaint by contacting the related service provider (email website, credit card company, bank, social networking website).
8. If the website is hacked, talk to your web hosting company.
Also Read: Hackers stealing data from hacking / iPhone charging cable, collect personal information in few seconds
Oppo, Vivo and Xiaomi are making file sharing feature, can send photos and videos instantly.
Banking, Government Institutions and Infrastructure Project 2018-19 targets maximum cyber criminals: Cisco
The threat of cancer from Apple AirPods, 250 scientists warned in the petition.
You can also ban on Whatsapp, quickly remove these apps.
Apple patented Anti Snooping Technology, this technology will protect the iPhone user’s data.