- Congress MP Kapil Sibal was also present in this press conference in London.
- Expert said – Apart from BJP, SP, BSP, YOU and Congress also involved in EVM tampering.
- EC rejects claims, says EVM can never be hacked.
- BJP said – it is Congress’s hacking horror show, looking for excuses for defeat.
London. An Indian Cyber Expert has claimed that the 2014 Lok Sabha election was rigged through Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs). He claims that if his team did not stop attempts of hacking, BJP would easily win assembly elections in Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh. Congress MP Kapil Sibal was also present in this press conference which was addressed in London. Expert did many claims, but he could not provide evidence to confirm any claim. This claim of cyber expert has been rejected by the Election Commission. The Commission has said that EVM is ‘flower proof’ and we are thinking about legal action against the person who made false claims.
Expert seeking political asylum from America
- This press conference was conducted by the Indian Journalists Association on Monday in London on behalf of Europe. It was referred by Cyber Expert Syed Shuja via Skype and claimed EVM hacking. His mouth was covered during the press conference. Shuja is in the US and is seeking political asylum there.
- Shuja claimed, “In the 2014 general elections, Reliance Jiya had helped the BJP so that the party can get low frequency signal to hack EVMs. The BJP used EVMs hack using a modulator that transmits military grade frequency. I was in the team designing the voting machines used in the 2014 election. Our team was instructed on behalf of Electronics Corporation of India Limited to find out how EVMs can be hacked.”
- The cyber expert alleged, “The results of Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Delhi were disturbed. The BJP had made similar efforts in Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh too. If our team did not catch these efforts then the BJP would win in all three states. In 2015, we also intercepted BJP’s efforts, so the Aam Aadmi Party got 67 out of 70 seats.”
- Shuja also claimed that he had to flee from India in 2014 because some members of his team were killed. He was attacked. This made him scared. He was a member of the team of Electronics Corporation of India Limited. This company makes EVMs. He used to work in this company between 2009 and 2014. He said that apart from the BJP, SP, BSP, you and Congress are also involved in tampering EVMs.
- Shuja said, “In 2014, the then Union Minister Gopinath Munde was murdered because he knew about hacking in EVM. NIA officer Tanjeel was supposed to register an FIR for the murder of Ahmed Munde, so he was also killed. “Munde died in a road accident in Delhi in 2014.
- Expert charges denied by EC – Election Commission said that EVMs are ‘flower proof’ and this has been proved again and again. Creating Bharat Electronics Limited and Electronics Corporation of India Limited in strict monitoring and security of voting machines. We are considering what legal action should be taken against the wrongdoing expert.
- Mamta said: The issue will be raised in front of the Election Commission. Mamata Banerjee said that our great democracy should be saved. Every vote is precious. All opposition parties have discussed about EVMs. We decided on January 19 that we will raise this matter before the Election Commission.
- Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that this is a hacking show of the Press Conference Congress. Kapil Sibal’s presence in this press conference, which has been claimed, is not a coincidence. He has been sent to Congress President Rahul Gandhi and his mother Sonia Gandhi as a doctor of the Congress. He is looking for excuses from the fear of his defeat in the 2019 election.